Are you a mother who is anxious about the weight of your baby? Your baby is getting older day by day but his weight is still not increasing as per the required standards? If the answer is yes, then this is the right place for you. Here, we will tell you about the best fatty foods for babies to gain weight.
When to worry about the baby’s weight?
As a general guideline, the weight of your 3 months infant should be around 12 lbs, for 6 months baby it should be around 18 lbs and the weight of a 1-year-old baby should be almost 23 lbs. You must have a weighing scale at your home and continuously track the baby’s weight to ensure healthy development. If you observe that your baby is not gaining weight, you must share your feelings with the baby’s pediatrician immediately.
You should always worry about your baby’s weight. The diet plan should be balanced in such a way that your baby gets all the essential nutrients they require to maintain a healthy life. If you want your baby to gain weight, fatty foods are the best option for you. Let’s have a look that what are the best fatty foods for babies to gain weight.
Are fatty foods healthy for babies?
There are different types of fats present in foods which are monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, trans fat, and saturated fats.
Trans fats (present in fried and processed foods) are very harmful to a baby’s health so they should be avoided while saturated fats (high-fat meats and dairy products) can be used sometimes.
Whereas, monounsaturated (nuts, avocados, vegetable oils) and polyunsaturated fats (Omega-3 & Omega-6) are great fatty foods for babies to gain weight. There are numerous advantages of monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats for everyone’s health.
The best fatty foods for babies to gain weight:
You have started giving solids to your baby but you are worried that the baby is not gaining enough weight. You compare your baby with other babies of the same age and they appear to be healthier and chubbier than your baby.
Fatty foods help in increasing a baby’s weight. Now, you must be wondering that what are the best fatty foods for babies to gain weight. So, here is a list that we have prepared for you to choose the best fatty foods for babies to gain weight:
- Dairy: Full-fat dairy products help babies in gaining weight. Cheese, full-fat yogurt, full-fat milk, and butter are healthy forms of fatty foods for babies. To give your baby extra calories, you can add cheese on top of their rice, soup, or pasta. However, dairy should not have “added sugar” to it.
- Meat: Chicken legs and turkey are high in calories which is why they are a good choice of fatty food for babies to gain weight.
- Nuts: Nuts provide Omega 3 and Omega 6 to babies which are a healthy form of fat. Crush the nuts into smaller pieces then give them to your babies. You may also add them to the milkshake if your baby doesn’t like eating them.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a great option for fatty foods because it has abundant calories and health benefits. You can add olive oil to every meal of your baby rather you can cook your baby’s meals in olive oil.
- Avocado: Avocado has an incredible nutritional value, it is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. It is great for weight gain in babies.
A healthy weight gain is important for every human being but it is crucial for babies because they are in their developmental phase. If you want your baby to gain weight then you can give them fatty foods to increase their weight. Fatty foods are amazing for weight gain, and we have provided you a list of the best fatty foods for babies to gain weight.