Parents always want to use the best products available in the market to ensure the safety and healthy development of their babies. Parents face a lot of confusion while buying products related to diet, as they are not sure that which product will suit their baby. While buying the feeding bottle, you will see many options but you should do your research beforehand to avoid last minute confusions. You should be able to find the best bottle in terms of material, size, and shape. Here is a guide for you to choose the best feeding bottle for your baby:
- Glass or plastic bottles: In terms of material, you have two options of feeding bottles i.e. glass and plastic. Glass is surely free of chemicals and easier to clean or sterilize. But glass feeding bottles can be dangerous too because if they fall from a baby’s hand they can break and might hurt the baby. While plastic does not break but it has some chemicals that might be harmful to the baby.
- BPA-free: If you want to buy a plastic bottle make sure that it is BPA-free. BPA means Bisphenol-A which is a harmful chemical that has adverse effects on a baby’s health. A BPA-free bottle means that it is not made up of hazardous chemicals.
- Small bottles: For newborn babies, always go for smaller bottles i.e. 4 to 5 ounces. You can buy bigger bottles when the baby gets a little old.
- Broader neck bottles: The bottles that have broader necks are easier to clean. So, if you want to make the cleaning process easier then you should buy the bottle with a broader neck.
- Angled neck bottles: Angled neck bottles are great for colic babies. Owing to their shape, angled neck bottles do not allow the creation of air bubbles in the bottle, which leads to less gas in babies.
- Choose the same brand of breast pump and bottle: If you plan to express milk then always choose the bottles and breast pump of the same brand. In this way, you can pump the milk directly into the bottle.
Are plastic bottles good for babies?
Earlier, plastic bottles used to have harmful chemicals called BPA. They had bad effects on the baby’s brain and overall health. But now, you can find various brands of baby bottles that are BPA-free and safe for babies.
However, if you still don’t feel comfortable using the plastic feeding bottle for your baby then you can opt for glass bottles.
Recommendations for the best feeding bottle for your baby:
Here are our recommendations for the best feeding bottle for your baby:
The anti-colic vent system in these bottles has been proved to reduce colic in babies. These bottles are BPA-free and have a consistent flow. The brand won many awards for these amazing bottles. So if your baby is having colic problems, then this may be the best feeding bottle for your baby.
This reputable brand of feeding bottles has many types of bottles. They have natural bottles that resemble a breast which is why these bottles are great for breastfed babies. Bottles for colic babies are also available that help in controlling reflux and digestive issues in babies.
These bottles perfectly mimic the shape of the breast and give a natural effect to the baby. They are also great for colic babies because there are dual anti-colic vents that prevent unwanted air intake.
So, these were our recommendations for the best feeding bottle for your baby. You can try and select the bottle that fits your preferences.
Being mindful of all the products that you buy for your baby is a great practice. You should always do your research before buying anything for your precious babies.